Photos from Guatemala

Here are some of my photos. Once you are at those pages, you can view the slideshow by clicking on the icon in the upper left-hand corner.

Arrival and Training


Swearing in and first pictures of Santa Maria Visitacion


First 3 months at Santa Maria Visitacion


Sunday, February 27, 2011

Email from Rosemary

Hello!
...I survived Field Based Training, even though it was freezing! There is a lot of anticipation now about where we will be placed because all the Altaverapaz sites are off limits and most of us will be placed in colder sites now so I am trying to find good clothes just in case! We had a lot of fun though, doing environmental education, building a trail, hiking (up to 9000 ft!), seeing Lago Atitlan, and more! I am still writing a blog enty so hopefully that will be up soon. My sinuses were really bothering me though by the end of the week so I just slept a lot over the weekend. So far my group has been pretty healthy except for some bacterial infections. We've gotten really comfortable with each other which is nice. Yesterday it was back to business though and we worked with the municipality some more of Ciudad Vieja. I have to go back to training though but hopefully I can talk to you all tonight!!

Love,
Rosie

No comments:

Post a Comment