Photos from Guatemala

Here are some of my photos. Once you are at those pages, you can view the slideshow by clicking on the icon in the upper left-hand corner.

Arrival and Training


Swearing in and first pictures of Santa Maria Visitacion


First 3 months at Santa Maria Visitacion


Thursday, March 10, 2011

Site placement!

So here I am, sitting in the peace corps office, waiting to get my site placement!  We had to wait all morning and were supposed to find out at 1, but now we won't find out until 2!  I can't remember ever being this nervous!

1 comment:

  1. Here is what Rosemary sent later the same day:

    "HElllo!!!
    I got my site!!!!! I will call you all later on tonight because I'm still at the office, but I will be at Santa Maria Visitacion, Solola! Right on Lago Atitlan!!! My main assignment will be to develop lessons and train teachers in enivoronmental education, especially about trash management. I will also hopefully be working with youth groups. Yay environmental education!!!
    Love,
    Rosemary"

    I don't think the town is right on the lake - it is nearby, and it may be possible to see the lake from the town. The scant information I could dig up indicates the town is a several thousand people, and is at about 6000 feet in elevation.

    -Doug

    ReplyDelete